It’s no secret that the key to a healthy lifestyle is through diet. You can spend hours at the gym everyday, but if you’re not fueling your body right, you’re not going to see results. With that being said, I know how hard it is to eat right when you have a busy lifestyle, and not eating meat can make it a little more challenging. I usually work around 40-50 hours a week, so I’ve had to find ways to stay healthy while on the go. I decided to share what I normally eat in a day for the people who need some quick and healthy meal ideas.
- Two eggs seasoned with pepper
- Non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt with berries and 1 tsp of chia seeds
- Cup of coffee with sugar-free creamer
- Salad with field greens, olives, tomatoes, low-fat feta cheese, smoked salmon, and oil and vinegar dressing
- Yogurt covered raisins
- Chocolate protein shake
Shrimp and Quinoa Enchilada Casserole Recipe
1 cup shrimp
1/2 cup quinoa
5-ounces mild enchilada sauce
1/4 cup corn
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 cup garbanzo beans
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Salt and black pepper, to taste
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
1. Cook quinoa according to package instructions and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 8×8 baking dish with non-stick.
3. In a bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, corn, black beans, garbanzo beans, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper. Stir in half of mozzarella cheese.
4. Spread mixture into the baking dish. Top with other half of cheese. Put into the oven and bake until bubbly and the cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.
5. Garnish with avocado.